My Best Friend Murphy

My Best Friend    Murphy
My Best Friend Murphy

Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1st. Fall is hopefully just around the corner

Hi to any one following this.
Well it has been quite a month. I had a birthday, received my second masters degree and saved two horses lives. I think that is pretty good for an old lady.
New chicken house is ready to inhabited and I will move birds this week end when hopefully it will be a bit cooler. Kevin has done a great job and will finish up the small touches in a couple weeks.
On the 29th one of my little Scottie girls, she had been living with ex-sister in law, went up to be with Brenna and Murphy. She had Leukemia and got very ill very fast. Bless my little girl.
As I noted above I was able to save the lives of two beautiful horses this week. They were literally starving to death. I will insert pictures. I still don't know if they will live but they are safer than they were.
Finished my second masters degree this is in Psychology. Now I must pay for it.
Firming up issues with vacation which is set for November. Really need the rest and to just get away.
I have baby's in the incubator. They are lavender, black and blue orpingtons. Due to hatch the 12th. Really hoping they all hatch.
Got messed over by PayPal and a seller. Bought a incubator and the seller never sent but of course took my money. Still haven't gotten it back and will be surprised if I ever do. So let this be a warning......PayPal isn't as safe as it purports itself to be.
All my dogs got their shots to the tune of $300 but that is what it means to be a responsible pet owner.
Job is very boring but pays the bills and allows me to have this wonderful farm that means so much to me.
Went to the eye dr. and cataracts need to come out. Good maybe I will be able to see better.
Still have a quilt that needs quilting which I should be able to get to soon  :)  Want to start another one. I have a few ideas swimming around in my head. This is the fun part for me.
Have to get to cleaning the chick houses out for the fall/winter. That is such a job but very fulfilling when it is finished. Pull out everything scrub down spray with disinfectant and refill with shavings. Scrub down or replace nesting boxes, make sure there is DE. Put up plastic over areas which will leak cold air ect.. worm chicks. I usually start giving them scratch about this time of the year so they can add some weight on for the winter. During summer they get fruit, they love, love grapes!!! Just go nuts for them.
If this year so far is any indication of the weather for the winter we are in for a nasty time. I figured out last year if I fill the horses watering tanks with water and put in the heaters and put in chicks waterers at night they won't freeze. So those have to be scrubbed down well also. (I am thinking out loud here)
Oh and I am so excited, the baby's outside have blessed me with 1 buff roo, 1 buff hen, 3 BCM roosters and three hens, 1 beauitful Americana roo and the same coloring hen, one white orpington roo (I think) and one white hen. It doesn't get much better than that!!!
I am going to add recipe this month and if any one is reading would love input if you recreate.  PEACE and LOVE everyone.

3 comments:

  1. I posted your site onto my site as a follower of your blog...that way I will get alerts when you post I think and can keep updated...looks so nice at your place. Hope all is well with you and yours...Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, I bet that potato salad on here is a killer tasting thing. I am hungry just reading the recipe. Thanks..."home-grown eggs" I hope?!?!?!?!?!?

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike. I think u shld make it and tellme how it is!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete